Treatment That Fits You
Braces today come in a variety of styles, materials, and colors, making life with braces much easier, more comfortable, and even more stylish than in the past.
Newer treatment options, like the variety of clear aligners we offer at Hometown Orthodontics, provide low-profile alignment solutions that will let you do you.
All About Teen Orthodontics
The teen years (between the ages of 12 and 16) are the most common time for orthodontic treatment in Searcy because that’s when most permanent teeth will be in place.
Experienced orthodontists like Dr. Powell can easily recognize issues with spacing, crowding, bite, and alignment during this age range. Around this age, bone and jaw structures are developed enough to best facilitate orthodontic treatment at Hometown Orthodontics.
Signs Your Teen Needs Treatment
If you notice any of the following issues, we recommend a complimentary consultation with Dr. Powell at Hometown Orthodontics, since they could be signs your teen would benefit from orthodontic treatment:
- Early, late, or irregular loss of their baby teeth
- Difficulty with chewing or biting
- Crowding or extra spacing between teeth
- Jaws that shift or make sounds
- Frequent biting of the cheek or the inside of the mouth
- Teeth that meet abnormally or not at all
- Jaws and teeth that are out of proportion to the rest of the face
- Protrusion of teeth
Allowing Dr. Powell to diagnose and treat your teen for certain bite problems can have short-term and long-term benefits, like straighter teeth, reduced pain, and an easier time speaking and chewing.
Problems classified as “bad bites” can often be minimized with the proper orthodontic treatment, including:
- Crooked or crowded teeth
- Missing or extra teeth
- An overbite or underbite
- Incorrect jaw position
- A disorder of the jaw joint
Benefits of a Straight Smile
The benefits of orthodontic treatment at Hometown Orthodontics are more than cosmetic. Health benefits include:
- Being less prone to wear and tear, chipping, and tooth trauma
- Being easier to keep clean, helping to prevent tooth decay and cavities
- Reducing the chances of developing gum disease, which can result in bone loss, decay, and tooth loss
- Improving proper chewing and digestion of food
Choose Your Treatment
After evaluating your teen’s smile, Dr. Powell may recommend an orthodontic appliance.
Here at Hometown Orthodontics, options include:
Bulky, ugly braces are a thing of the past. At Hometown Orthodontics, we use modern metal braces, making your experience comfortable and painless.
Also known as clear braces, these work the same way as metal braces, but feature brackets that blend in with your teen’s smile.
Clear aligner systems are made up of a series of fully customized, see-though trays. These can straighten your teen’s smile without any metal or wires.
FAQs About Teen Orthodontics
Invest in Your Teen’s Smile Today
During your free consultation, Dr. Powell will be happy to discuss the benefits of treatment, as well as the risk of putting it off.
Orthodontic treatment at Hometown Orthodontics is an investment in your child’s future, and we can’t wait to help you get started!